NAMASTE TEACHER SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM
CRITERIA AND APPLICATION FORM
Namaste Festival Jakarta’s Vision and Mission
Namaste Festival’s Vision is to bring a blissful oasis and gather a loving community in busy and bustling Jakarta, to revamp the spirit and encourage its audience to embrace a healthy, balanced and peaceful lifestyle.
- To increase the awareness of yoga, healing, and wellbeing into the lifestyle of Indonesian people.
- To give back to the community with Charity Projects in Namaste Bhakti.
- To build the awareness of green living with Green Projects in Namaste Green.
- To put Jakarta in the map of international yoga, healing, and well-being destination
Namaste Festival Jakarta Scholarship Program
Namaste Festival Jakarta believes that each of us receives knowledge, joy and guidance from caring Yoga Teachers who somehow planted the seeds of Yoga along our journey.
Yoga Teachers build their skills and efficacy in teaching through commitment in self-practice, study and teachings.
One of the ways for someone to become a skillful Yoga Teacher or to deepen and enhance their teaching skills and wisdom is through attending a Yoga Teacher Training Program.
Namaste Festival Jakarta realizes that some of these individuals are unable to access a desired Yoga Teacher Training Program due to financial situations.
Namaste Festival Jakarta is committed to support individuals interested in becoming Yoga Teachers or to progress teaching skills through scholarships in the form of partial or full tuition.
The intention of this Scholarship Program is to make selected Yoga Teacher Training programs be available to individuals seeking to enhance their professional skills, regardless of their financial situation.
- All scholarship applicants must demonstrate financial need to receive a partial scholarship award. Please fill out the form to describe your financial situation as completely and accurately as possible in order to allow the Namaste Festival Jakarta Scholarship Committee to most accurately assess your level of financial need. Please note that we do not need attached financial documentation. We consider this application to be a trust-based process and rely on applicants’ honest and complete self-report of financial need. Please remember that your accurate representation of need helps us maximize limited scholarship funds and support as many students as possible who require financial assistance.
- Track record of consistent commitment to Yoga which can be in a form of self practice, assisting yoga teachers, self study
- Track record of service work to community to Yoga which can be in a form of volunteers to Yoga events for charity/community
- An essay describing a project which the individual will deliver within 3-6 months of the completion of the Yoga Teacher Training program funded/partially funded by Namaste Festival Jakarta. The essay is only 2 page long maximum (500 words). This includes selected activities such as teaching community yoga classes to prisons/rehabs/other community locations, coordinating a community yoga event, teaching/assisting yoga teachers training/workshop at low prices for community, etc.
- Awardee of Scholarship will agree to be a part of the Namaste Festival Volunteer Staff for a minimum of 2 years.
All scholarships are partial and funds are limited. Scholarships are awarded towards your tuition fee. Although scholarship awards vary according to seasonal demand for programs, scholarships are typically awarded within the range of 20–60 percent with some exceptions of full amounts and are considered on a case-by-case basis.
As there are limited funds available for each program date and programs fill quickly, we encourage you to submit your application as early as possible. Submitting an application for a scholarship does not guarantee you a scholarship award.
Decision on the selection process is going to be announced in Namaste Festival 2017.
All applicants are required to be involved in social media awareness/challenge as a campaign program adhering to rules of posting times as described in campaign program guidelines.
All applicant is required to buy 1 (one) Namaste Festival 2017 Full Pass to support this program. Supporting sales of Namaste Festival 2017 tickets will also be a qualification consideration.
Namaste Festival Jakarta will notify results of your scholarship decision via e-mail. If you do not have an e-mail address, we will send it by regular mail and will also call you to inform you of your status.
Transfer of Approved Scholarship Funding
Namaste Festival Jakarta will directly transfer the approved amount of scholarship to the bank account of the relevant Yoga Teacher Training program applied by the selected individuals. Since the total amount of funding may not be in full, to secure a seat in such program, the individual need to secure any remaining amount prior to the transfer.
Please answer the following questions in a separate document and attach when submitting this form.